This course is designed to offer foreign language teachers several ideas on adding culture-related topics and activities to foreign language teaching. Participants will be given a general introduction to multicultural viewpoints including the issues of traditions, race and segregation/bullying based on cultural differences; ideas to compare and contrast national and international cultural terms. Participants will also meet several IT-based options such as free applications to create tasks and activities for their daily classroom work. Warm-ups and fillers as well as interactive activities will also be provided. During the one-week course, participants will meet Rovinj from a multicultural viewpoint and take an interactive, task-based walk around the city.
Aims and objectives:
- Bringing cross-cultural and multicultural viewpoint closer to students
- Including different subjects and themes in foreign language teaching
- Support and inclusion of students of different cultural background
- Refresh and acquire culture-based teaching, both training and practice
- Exchange good practices and ideas in teaching
- Interactive task-based activities to show how ideas work in practice
- Being able to raise attention on bullying, hate speech etc. based on cultural segregation
Target groups: Foreign language teachers for age groups 13+
Minimum level of language: English (B2)
Duration of training: 35 lessons, 7 days
Date: 30 July 2023 - 5 August 2023
Location: Rovinj, Croatia
Price: EUR 595, incl. course, certificate, Erasmus+ documentation (if needed), a cultural activity
Applicable funds: As part of the Erasmus+ Key Action 1 (KA1), all costs for mobility /travel expenses, course fees, accommodation, subsistence fee/ are covered by the fund.